February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Chris Farley!

Today we celebrate the life of Chris Farley. Farley brought us some of the greatest comedies of my generation. His wonderfully exuberant nature and brilliant on-screen presence is remarkably unique and will be truly missed.

Some of Farley's best moments were part of Saturday Night Live including an overenthusiastic Bears fan, a terrible Chippendale's dancer, a Japanese gameshow contestant, Matt Foley, or Bennette Brauer a man who doesn't "wipe properly" or can't "reach all the parts of his body."

Of course, Farley's stint on SNL wasn't his only claim to fame. Farley did very well for himself in theaters with classics such as Tommy Boy, Black Sheep, and Beverly Hills Ninja. But let's never forget his bit parts in Billy Madison as the pervy bus driver with a terrible comb over and in Coneheads as Connie's boyfriend Ronnie.

My life is a little sadder knowing we'll never have a new Chris Farley movie out in theaters, another classic line delivered by a comic genius, someone I can quote over and over with my closest friends as inside jokes. My love goes out to you Chris, wherever you may be, in hopes that you're in a better place.



"I have what doctors call a little bit of a weight problem. I used to grab bear claws as a kid, two at a time, and I'd get them lodged right in this region here."
-Chris Farley, Tommy Boy