April 16, 2009

(500) days of Summer

It should be no secret that I am absolutely in love with Zooey Deschanel. However, that doesn't mean that I watch every single movie she's been in. Despite my lack of interest in her movies among those include The Go-Getter, The Good Life, or Winter Passing, I've had my fair share of her movies and needless to say, I'm still excited for whatever she's got going on. Her latest film, which has been critically acclaimed at film festivals, is called (500) Days of Summer.

The tagline reads, "Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love. Girl doesn't." In this romantic comedy, a boy falls in love with the ultimate commitment-phobe and tries to convince her that true love exists. Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel, their second film together, and directed by Marc Webb who's previous experience includes music videos (this is his first feature film), it looks amazing. Synchronized dancing, partly animated, and amazing music choice, this film seems to be quintessentially Tea (me).